Here is my activity for today: (the questions are below within the content)
1. love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, compassion, nonviolence, inclusiveness, receptivity, gratitude, surrender, devotion.
2. Today, I will devote my seed planting to patience.
3. I will not push for results. I will continue working doggedly towards my goal(s), but I won’t whine or worry that it has not arrived yet.
4. The goddess, the universe loves me. She is also very patient. She knows what I need and is pulling things together to make it happen. With time, everything will play out the way it is meant to. I just must learn patience. Good things are happening every day, things just keep getting better. I know I’m not quite where I want to be yet, but it’s coming. I just need to learn patience.
The Seeds of Oneness
“We plant seeds that will flower as results in our lives, so best to remove the weeds of anger, avarice, envy, and doubt, that peace and abundance may manifest for all.”
— Dorothy Day
“Whatever we do lays a seed in our deepest consciousness, and one day that seed will grow.”
— Sakyong Mipham
“Whether you tend a garden or not, you are the gardener of your own being, the seed of your destiny.”
— The Findhorn Community
Sowing seeds of Oneness requires you to grow the garden of your heart. Your heart holds the precious seeds of Oneness. Many of these are already growing and manifesting as the conditions of your life, and others may be waiting for your conscious attention to activate them. For the seeds of Oneness to eventually blossom and bear fruit, they need to be nurtured by your willingness to cultivate Oneness and to conform your nature to that of the Divine. Your Divine nature is the nature of Oneness.
Today’s practice requires devotion and discipline. In the book of Galatians, it says: “The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control; against such things there is no law.” Other seeds of Oneness that we must plant include compassion, tenderness, selfless service, nonviolence, inclusiveness, receptivity, gratitude, surrender, devotion, and generosity.
Today, cultivate the soil in the garden of your heart by actively devoting yourself to embodying Oneness. Dedicate yourself to being a living, breathing expression of the qualities of Oneness. Consciously demonstrate these traits in everything you do. Nurture and grow them by planting seeds of Oneness every day. Create a garden that lifts, inspires, comforts, and heals everyone around you. Through your conscious intention, you’re creating the outer conditions of your life via the inner cultivation of the seeds of Oneness.
Reflect on the following questions in quiet contemplation or by journaling at the beginning of your day:
1. What kinds of seeds do I want to grow in my garden—the ones that will blossom into the outer conditions of my life, my community, and my world?
2. What seed of Oneness will I devote myself to planting today?
3. How can I demonstrate my commitment to this seed of Oneness in both consciousness and action?
4. What support do I need from God/dess to sow this seed in all that I am and all that I do?
Now imagine yourself planting this seed of Oneness in your heart, watering it, nurturing it, and watching it grow. Write the name of it on a piece of paper, and keep it in your pocket or on your desk or dashboard. Center yourself with it, using the name as a mantra and living prayer throughout your day. In all situations and experiences, return your focus to cultivating this seed of Oneness. Invite others to join you in planting and growing the garden of Oneness. Through your devotion and discipline, you are becoming a glorious, blossoming garden. These are the seeds of Oneness.
I AM a blessed seed of Oneness flowering in the heart of humanity.