Stay physically active! It is the best thing you can do for your mind and body.
- Being active for 30 minutes on most days is important for good health.
- Vary your activities to prevent injury and boredom. Rotate between intense and light exercise days.
- As you grow older your muscles and joints may become sore and stiff more easily. Warm-up and cool down for five minutes to increase circulation and reduce injury.
- Do strength training two times a week to improve balance, to preserve bone density and to improve endurance.
- Regular stretching increases flexibility.
- Remember that physical activity includes structured fitness and recreational activities as well as “lifestyle” activities such as house, garden and yard work.
- Keep a record of your daily activity to stay on track.
- Quit smoking now!
Celebrate the well-being, satisfaction and control in your life that you have by better handling your stress.
Stress is your body’s response to the demands of daily living. Any event can be stressful, whether it is positive or negative. How you handle stress determines its effect.
- Stay aware of your stress and what triggers it.
- Take time daily to relax in a way that works for you.
- Talk with someone you trust about your feelings.
- Eat well and eat regularly. Good nutrition is important.
- Aim to be physically active in some way every day.
Even if you are satisfied with your life, there are ways to avoid an unbalanced life in the future. A balanced life leads to better health, higher life satisfaction and improved family relationships.
- Watch out for thinking everything has to be done perfectly.
- Set priorities and decide what does or does not need to be done.
- Positive thinking is good for your physical and mental well-being.
- Find ways to continuously improve the quality of your relationships with family and with others.
- Set aside time for relaxation.
The GoddessSchool Bookstore – http://astore.amazon.com/ancestordetect08/
GrannyMoon’s Gentle Embrace Ministry
GrannyMoon’s Hearth http://grou.ps/grannymoonshearth/home
Tweet Me! http://twitter.com/GrannyMooninVA
Friend Me! http://www.facebook.com/GrandMotherMoon
My Space – http://www.myspace.com/sunflower_granny
When you can’t put your prayers into words, Goddess hears your heart.