It’s thoughts like this (from both sides) that is breaking our system.
Don’t vote for a PARTY
Vote for a PERSON
(The following share disgusts me)
Listen, some of us still want Warren. Some of us still want Sanders. But if it turns out to be Biden — as disappointed as many of us would be —
1. You’re not just voting for President.
2. You’re voting for who replaces Ginsburg and Breyer on the Supreme Court.
3. You’re voting for the next Secretary of Education.
4. You’re voting for federal judges.
5. You’re voting for the rule of law.
6. You’re voting for saving national parks and protecting wildlife from extinction.
7. You’re voting for letting kids out of cages.
8. You’re voting for clean air and clean water.
9. You’re voting for scientists to be allowed to speak about climate change and for rebuilding the CDC.
10. You’re voting for what a President says and does on Twitter.
11. You’re voting for housing rights.
12. You’re voting for LGBTQ people to be treated with dignity.
13. You’re voting for non-Christians to be able to adopt and to feel like full citizens.
14. You’re voting for Dreamers.
15. You’re voting so that there will be Social Security and Medicare when you retire.
16. You’re voting for veterans to get the care they deserve.
17. You’re voting for rural hospitals and safe, decent medical care.
18. You’re voting so that someone else can have health insurance.
19. You’re voting for the preservation of PBS and NPR.
20. You’re voting to have a President who doesn’t embarrass this country every time she or he attends an international meeting.
21. You’re voting against allowing the USA to become yet another authoritarian regime.
22. You’re voting for sensible gun laws.
23. You’re voting for bodily autonomy for women protecting Roe v Wade.
No Democrat is perfect.
By the general election your first AND second choices may have dropped out. Your third might have as well. But the nominee, no matter who she or he is, won’t be perfect. They won’t pass your purity test. And yet every single one of them will be better than four more years of Trump!!!
Please be reasonable.